You are likely looking at how to disable Avast Secure Browser because it doesn’t serve its purpose, and sometimes it is limiting. But are there reasons why you might want to take a step back and think about if you want to disable Avast Secure Browser? Well, let’s take a closer look at the software, and see what it offers you.
Avast Secure Browser is a privacy and security-focused, chromium-based project by security vendor Avast. It used to be the SafeZone Browser, the discontinued project that was dropped a couple of years ago. The software has seen years of redecoration and renaming into what it is now.
Here are some of the main features of the Avast Secure Browser: Anti-phishing, anti-tracking, Adblock, HTTPs Encryption, Password Manager, Privacy Cleaner, Flash Blocker, Hack Check, Anti-fingerprinting, webcam and a couple of other features.
If any of these features work for you, and you use them daily, there might not be any need to disable the avast secure browser. The reason why many are looking for how to disable Avast Secure Browser is that they don’t know how much work it does and how they can benefit from its many features.
PS. While the software comes with a lot of stunning features, it could be limiting for some users. The app is a privacy-focused browser, so it automatically sends usage stats to Avast servers; while this can be disabled, some users have found it just offensive.
The Avast Secure Browser gets installed on user computers without permission, this has led people to call it the Avast Secure Browser virus. And for an application that sells privacy, some users can’t align that vision with how the app is installed on their PCs. So I’d be sharing some tips and steps on how to disable Avast Secure Browser for users who want to.
How to Disable Avast Secure Browser on Start-up
To disable Avast Secure Browser on start-up:
- Open the WinX menu, by pressing Win+X together. You can also right-click on the Start button to open this Menu.
- Click on Task Manager from the menu.
- Under the Startup Tab, you should see a list of apps that automatically start running at startup.
- Right-click on Avast Secure Browser and click Disabled.
How to Uninstall Avast Secure Browser Windows 10
To Uninstall Avast Secure Browser on Windows 10, follow these simple steps.
- Log into Windows as a user with administrative rights, then ensure that all applications and antivirus software is not running on your PC.
- Right-click the Windows Start button, select apps and features from the menu you see.
- Check to confirm that Apps & Features is selected in the left panel, click Avast Secure Browser and the Uninstall.
- You might get a prompt by the User Account Control to grant permissions, Click Yes.
- You should select Also Delete Your Browsing Data so that your profile information, bookmarks, and history will be deleted as you continue the Uninstall.
- Wait for the Uninstallation to complete and click OK, Sure, to complete an Uninstallation survey if you want to. If you don’t, it’s safe to close any open windows.
How to Uninstall Avast On Mac
Here’s how to how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser on mac:
Log in to your Mac as a user with administrator permissions, ensuring that all Avast Secure Browser Tabs are closed and all use of the antivirus is discontinued.
- Click Go in your Menu Bar and select Applications.
- Right-click on Avast Secure Browser and click on Move to Trash
- The next time your trash is emptied, the Avast Secure Browser on Mac will automatically be deleted permanently. You can open Trash in the Dock, and click Empty to empty the trash and permanently disable Avast Secure Browser right away.
How Do I Get Rid Of Avast From My Computer?
Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program. You could also click on Programs and Features if you are not using the default view. Right-click on your Avast Antivirus and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu that shows.
Does Avast Slow Down Computer
Some users have reported that Avast is slowing down their computer and internet connections. The company has also revealed that if you tweak some settings, you should be able to make the Avast Antivirus faster.