Namecheap is one of the leading hosting providers popularly known for its highly affordable hosting service. It was founded by Richard Kirkendall—CEO of Namecheap—in 2000. The budget hosting provider essentially operates as an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company.
Namecheap’s outstanding strategy of providing high-quality hosting services at the most unassuming rates has attracted quite a number of accomplishments to the hosting company. Currently, Namecheap serves up to 11 million users and manages over 10 million domains worldwide. In fact, the hosting provider was voted the best domain names registrar by the Lifehacker blog in November 2010 and September 2012.
As a great candidate for a typical web hosting provider, Namecheap offers different forms of hosting services including shared hosting, reseller hosting, WordPress hosting, email hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, and more. The hosting provider particularly gives more than usual attention to privacy and protection at different levels. Hence, they offer additional hosting security features including WHOIS privacy protection and various options for SSL certificates.
Hosting clients of Namecheap are exposed to a good number of benefits. For one, Namecheap assists its clients to migrate their websites smoothly and easily to their platform at simply no cost. Namecheap also has a 24/7 standby dedicated team of hosting experts available to assist clients with any difficulty via live chat.
And as earlier relayed, clients can get access to high-end hosting services at very cheap prices saving them significant extras. Namecheap also pledges to its client top-tier security measures, stable backups, and uptime guarantees.
In this complete review of Namecheap web hosting, we embedded all the essential information about the hosting services of the hosting provider at different levels; domains, hosting, WordPress hosting, and security.
As we can sense already, one of the best perks of Namecheap as a hosting provider is its domain registration services. The domain registrar offers an overwhelming amount of domain name options in popular dreamy extensions like .com, .net, etc. Namecheap’s domain names search bar lets clients find great domain names out of a very long list of domain names as fast as just typing in the desired domain name and entering a search. If the entered domain name is taken and not available the search results notify the clients they are. As soon as clients find a suitable available domain name and register it on Namecheap, they are presented with some top-notch domain products.
After completing a domain registration with Namecheap, clients are welcomed to try private domain-based email address hosting services free for the first two months. Namecheap’s private email services are offered in three plans namely; Universal, Business, and Business Office.
- Universal: This Namecheap private email service plan supports 1 mailbox, 5GB for emails, and 2GB for files. Renewal is only $0.99/mo normally.
- Business: This Namecheap private email service plan supports 1 mailbox, 10GB for emails, 10GB for files, and full mobile synchronization support. Renewal is only $2.41/mo normally.
- Business Office: This Namecheap private email service plan supports 1 mailbox, 10GB for emails, 15GB for files, full mobile synchronization support, text, and spreadsheet. Renewal is only $4.16/mo normally.
Apart from the email products, clients who register their domain with Namecheap automatically won their rights to a currently lifelong free domain personal data privacy protection service know as WhoisGuard offered by Namecheap (we talked more on WhoisGuard under Security). Clients also get access to a good number of exclusive deals on security, hosting, and more provided by Namecheap.
Domain owners in Namecheap are also offered free BasicDNS and DNSSEC for more reliability and security. As part of the benefits of the free BasicDNS services offered to domain owners on Namecheap, they can automatically switchover or forward their domain and email.
Namecheap boasts that most domains transferred to their platform come with an extra year of registration at no cost meaning interested clients can save on renewals.
Namecheap’s domain registration service also has room for clients who wish to make a living with a domain business, buying and selling domain names. The hosting provider provides clients with its simple domain marketplace where clients can easily and quickly browse, buy, and sell domains.
Namecheap web Hosting
Namecheap hosts over 1.5 million platforms worldwide. The hosting provider ensures to deliver on great and cheap web hosting plans for a variety of business sizes and budgets ranging from personal, small business, to large business websites. All web hosting plans on Namecheap come with free domain name with privacy and protection and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Shared hosting
The shared hosting plans offered on Namecheap support attractive hosting features and packages including a free website migration service and a free Namecheap website builder tool. Namecheap’s shared hosting services assume three plan forms namely; Stellar, Stellar Plus, and Stellar Business.
- Stellar: This Namecheap shared hosting plan supports 20 GB SSD storage and 3 websites. It renews at $2.88/mo or $33.88/yr normally. On a yearly Stellar plan, clients get a 50% discount on the 1st year which means renewal will be at $17.28/yr instead (of $33.88/yr), that is, $1.44/mo for the first year.
- Stellar Plus: This Namecheap shared hosting plan supports unmetered SSD storage, unlimited websites, and auto-backup. It renews at $4.88/mo or $57.88/yr normally. On a yearly Stellar Plus plan, clients get a 50% discount on the 1st year which means renewal will be at $29.28/yr instead (of $57.88/yr), that is, $2.44/mo for the first year.
- Stellar Business: This Namecheap shared hosting plan supports 50 GB SSD storage, unlimited websites, auto backup, and the new cloud storage feature. It renews at $8.88/mo or $104.88/yr normally. On a yearly Stellar Business plan, clients get a 50% discount on the 1st year which means renewal will be at $52.88/yr instead (of $104.88/yr), that is, $4.44/mo for the first year.
- Reseller hosting
For clients interested in starting a hosting business of reselling hosting plans to personal clients, Namecheap offers three reseller hosting plans with unmetered bandwidth and free cPanel. Namecheap’s reseller hosting plans include Nebula, Galaxy Expert, and Universe. Each of these plans has a monthly, quarterly, and yearly deal.
- Nebula: The Nebula reseller hosting plan by Namecheap supports 25 cPanel accounts and 30 GB SSD storage. It renews at $18.88/mo, $56.64/quarter (or 3 months), or $226.56/yr normally. On a quarterly Nebula plan deal, clients get a 5% discount which means renewal will be at $53.64/quarter instead (of $56.64/quarter), that is, $17.88/mo. The yearly deal of the Nebula plan comes with a 10% discount which means renewal will be at $202.56/yr instead (of $226.56/yr), that is, $16.88/mo.
- Galaxy Expert: The Galaxy Expert reseller hosting plan by Namecheap supports 100 cPanel accounts and 90 GB SSD storage. It renews at $32.88/mo, $98.64/quarter, or $394.58/yr normally. On a quarterly Galaxy Expert plan deal, clients get a 6% discount which means renewal will be at $92.64/quarter instead (of $98.64/quarter), that is, $30.88/mo. The yearly deal of the Galaxy Expert plan comes with a 9% discount which means renewal will be at $358.56/yr instead (of $394.58/yr), that is, $29.88/mo.
- Universe: The Universe reseller hosting plan by Namecheap supports 200 cPanel accounts, 150 GB SSD storage, and WHMCS starter. It renews at $48.88/mo, $146.64/quarter, or $586.56/yr normally. On a quarterly Universe plan deal, clients get a 2% discount which means that renewal will be at $143.64/quarter instead (of $146.64/quarter), that is, $47.88/mo. The yearly deal of the Universe plan comes with a 6% discount which means renewal will be at $550.56/yr instead (of $586.56/yr), that is, $45.88/mo.
- VPS hosting
Namecheap’s VPS hosting service is said to stand out given its top security standards and free website and VPS transfer additional service. Namecheap’s VPS hosting plans provide clients with full root access and OS selection. Clients also personally choose their server management. The hosting provider offers two Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting plans designed to meet the expectations of clients looking to get a fuller control over their online businesses. They are Pulsar and Quasar. Each of them has a monthly, quarterly, and yearly deal.
- Pulsar: This popular Namecheap VPS hosting plan features 2 CPU Cores, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD RAID 10, and 1000 GB bandwidth. It renews at $11.88 on a monthly deal, $35.64 on a quarterly deal and $142.56/yr on a yearly deal.
- Quasar: This Namecheap VPS hosting plan features 4 CPU Cores, 6 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD RAID 10, and 3000GB bandwidth. It renews at $19.88 on a monthly deal, $58.88 on a quarterly deal, and $235.88 on a yearly deal.
- Dedicated hosting
Namecheap’s dedicated hosting services are designed for top-tier performance online businesses. They offer clients (Namecheap’s version) of maximally controls over their businesses which extends even to the server level.
Namecheap offers dedicated hosting clients a good number of server Entry level, Medium level, and Advanced level options to fit their business needs whether they are looking to build a small application, a medium-sized database, or a high traffic website.
Clients who wish to go for Namecheap’s dedicated web hosting service have three plans to choose from – Xeon E3-1230 v5, Xeon E3-1270 v3, and Dual Xeon ES-2620 v2 – each with a monthly, quarterly, and yearly deal.
- Xeon E3-1230 v5: This promo Namecheap dedicated hosting plan features 4 cores at 3.4 GHz speed, 8GB DDR4, and 480 GB SSD. It renews at $82.88/mo, $236.88/quarter, or $895.88/yr. The Xeon E3-1230 v5 monthly deal comes with a 50% discount for the first month which means for the first-month renewal will be $40.88 instead. The quarterly deal comes with a 28% discount which means renewal will be $176.88 instead for the first 3 months. Lastly, on a yearly deal, the plan comes with a 28% discount for the first year which means renewal for the first year will be $715.88/yr instead.
- Xeon E3-1270 v3: This Namecheap dedicated hosting plan features 4 cores at 3.5 GHz speed, 8 GB DDR3, and 1 TB HDD. It renews at $85.88/mo, $244.88/quarter, or $927.88/yr.
- Dual Xeon ES-2620 v2: This Namecheap dedicated hosting plan features dual 6 cores at 2.1 GHz speed, 32 GB DDR3, and 2 x 480 GB SSD storage. It renews at $161/mo, $461.88/quarter, or $1748.88/yr.
Namecheap is one of the few hosting providers that offer WordPress clients the advanced managed WordPress hosting service. But Namecheap’s managed WordPress hosting plans are significantly cheaper than other options. Namecheap also exclusively offers its client the EasyWP plugin. This tool is Namecheap’s solution for a true managed WordPress hosting management.
EasyWP is essentially a management tool that offers users an easy-to-use interface that serves as a home where virtually all WordPress website management operations can be carried out.
For example, inside EasyWP dashboard, clients can connect any domain to their WordPress sites easily, initiate simple one-click backups, and access files through SFTP. On EasyWP, Namecheap’s WordPress clients can easily manage and create several website accounts within.
Namecheap has three managed WordPress hosting plans with a pre-installed 1x WordPress website, temporary EasyWP free domain, and support for any domain to offer interested clients. These plans include EasyWP Starter, EasyWP Turbo, and EasyWP Supersonic. Each plan has a bill monthly and bill yearly option.
- EasyWP Starter: This Namecheap managed WordPress hosting plan is tailored to clients building their first website. EasyWP Starter supports 10 GB SSD storage and 50000 visitors per month. On a bill monthly option, the plan costs $1 for the first month and then $3.88 normally. The bill yearly option of this plan costs $22.88 in the first year and then $29.88 normally.
- EasyWP Turbo: This Namecheap managed Word Press hosting plan is designed purposely for clients who wish to grow their WordPress website and boost its performance. EasyWP Turbo supports 50 GB SSD storage, 200000 visitors per month, 1.5x more CPU, and 1.5 more RAM. On a bill monthly option, the plan costs $2 for the first month and then $7.88 normally. The bill yearly option of this plan costs $44.88 in the first year and then $68.88 normally.
- EasyWP Supersonic: This is the highest Namecheap WordPress hosting plan equipped for highly scalable WordPress websites. EasyWP Supersonic supports 100GB SSD storage, 500000 visitors per month, 2x more CPU, 2x more RAM, and 99.9% uptime guarantee. On a bill monthly option, the plan costs $3 for the first month and $11.88 normally. The bill yearly option of this plan costs $49.88 in the first year and $98.88 normally.
Namecheap as a hosting provider is known to feature and continuously come up with new security solutions geared to making for safer internet usage. Take a glance at some of the security measures and features that Namecheap has put in place.
This is one of Namecheap’s recently updated security web hosting services. This new Virtual Private Network (VPN) service by Namecheap protects your privacy on the internet. It lets you browse fast and at the same time very securely keeping you safe on public Wi-Fi networks. Namecheap VPN keeps your sensitive data hidden and changes your internet location to access entertainment your watch. Clients can get this security feature for as low as $1.88 in a 3-year plan.
The WhoisGuard is another extra and free domain and web hosting service rendered by Namecheap to clients. The Namecheap hosting feature is basically a privacy protection service that protects your privacy online by hiding your personal domain registration information such as your name, address, phone number, and email, when people do a Whois search on your domain to largely, depreciate the instances of spam and identity theft.
Namecheap also has a large functional network of Domain Name Servers (DNS) across the US and Europe. The hosting provider uses this asset to provide clients with secure automated management of changing IP addresses to ensure 100% uptime and keep their sites running at ultimate speeds in a service form known as PremiumDNS. Clients can access the benefits of Namecheap’s PremiumDNS service with as low as $5 a year.
Namecheap has numerous SSL products to meet different verification and security needs. Namecheap’s SSL products include a wide range of SSL certificates for single and multiple basic or in-depth validations.
At this point in this long, enriching, and very informative writeup, I’d love to draw a close.
Now that’s a major briefing on Namecheap’s web hosting services. I think this article exposes all the perks of the hosting provider. Security is like no other. Web domains are free for the first year in every hosting plan. It’s also a great place for a domain business. WordPress hosting is quality and reliable (and made easy to manage thanks to the EasyWP plugin). And above all, all hosting services are significantly comparatively cheap.
Truthfully, there is no better budget hosting company than Namecheap in the hosting sector.