Bluehost is one of the best web hosting companies ranking among the first 20 largest web hosts in the world. The web hosting company is currently owned by the IT service company, Endurance International Group (EIG) along with other well-known web hosting companies in the hosting sector like HostGator and iPage.
Bluehost powers over 2 million websites and domains worldwide. Their web hosting products include shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, cloud hosting, Woocommerce hosting, and many more related services. It is especially revered for its detailed, diverse, yet simple WordPress hosting service and plans. Hence, the hosting provider is directly recommended by WordPress.org as a top-rated web hosting company for WordPress hosting.
Bluehost also boasts rich customer support rendered by trained, in-house experts 24/7. The hosting provider also makes available for clients an extra help center that includes guides, video tutorials and more to assist them.
Another attractive hosting feature of Bluehost is a 30 days money-back guarantee aimed at providing clients with maximum satisfaction and comfort.
Clients on Bluehost web hosting can also enjoy professional marketing services and tools as they build their websites and paid ad credits to boost their website’s global reach.
This page encloses an in-depth discussion that relays everything you need to know about Bluehost Web hosting services. Bluehost’s web hosting related services come in majorly four forms; WordPress, hosting, domains, and professional service. So to make it easier for you, we’ll take the divisions one after another.
Bluehost offers the specialized WordPress hosting, managed WordPress hosting starting at $2.95/mo. Each managed WordPress hosting plan on Bluehost is delivered with a free domain for one year. As part of the benefits of the managed WordPress hosting, clients at all levels of Bluehost’s WordPress hosting plan get instant WordPress installation and automated updates. The managed WordPress hosting services offered by Bluehost are categorized into three; WordPress hosting, WP Pro, and Ecommerce.
- WordPress hosting
This category of Bluehost’s managed WordPress hosting service is fundamental, designed particularly for startup WordPress websites. Clients interested in this plan category can basically expect to build and manage multiple low traffic WordPress websites and small projects. In this category, Bluehost offers three affordable managed WordPress plans, each with free SSL certificates and free domain name registration for the first year. Bluehost’s WordPress hosting plans are Basic, Plus, and Choice Plus.
- Basic: This Bluehost WordPress hosting plan supports 1 website, 50 GB SSD storage, 5 parked domains, 25 subdomains, and $200 marketing credits. It starts at $2.95/mo and cost $7.99/mo normally.
- Plus: This Bluehost WordPress hosting plan supports unlimited websites, unmetered SSD storage, unlimited parked domains, unlimited subdomains, $200 marketing credits, and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts at $5.45/mo and costs $10.99 normally.
- Choice Plus: This Bluehost WordPress hosting plan supports unlimited websites, unmetered SSD storage, unlimited parked domains, unlimited subdomains, $200 marketing credits, CodeGuard Basic Backup, and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts at $5.45/mo and costs $14.99 normally.
- WP Pro
This managed WordPress hosting service category is Bluehost’s solution for building a highly responsive and functional WordPress website. It is ideal for clients who wish to upgrade their website(s) to a high traffic WordPress website. In this category, the managed WordPress plans are easily managed through an all-in-one marketing center and dashboard and come with more hosting packages. Bluehost provides three high-performing WP Pro managed WordPress hosting plans namely; Build, Grow, and Scale.
- Build: This Bluehost WP Pro managed WordPress hosting plan features basic Jetpack site analytics, marketing center, 100+ Free WordPress themes, daily scheduled backups, malware detection and removal, domain privacy and protection, and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts at $19.95/mo and costs $29.99 normally.
- Grow: This Bluehost WP Pro managed WordPress hosting plan comes with Jetpack premium, business review tools, Bluehost SEO tools, Jetpack Ads Integration, 10GB video compression, Blue Sky ticket support, and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts at $29.95/mo and costs $39.99 normally.
- Scale: This Bluehost WP Pro managed WordPress hosting plan comes with Jetpack Pro, unlimited backups and restore, Paypal integration, unlimited video compression, Elastic Search, Blue Sky Chat support, and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts from $49.95 and costs $59.99 normally.
This category of Bluehost’s managed WordPress hosting service is targeted at providing clients with everything they need to build a high traffic and functional online selling platform. There are three plans in this category. All three plans in the Ecommerce managed WordPress hosting category have a 30-day money-back guarantee, installed easy-to-use Storefront theme, secure payment gateways, domain privacy and protection, and free online store set up phone call and SSL. The plans in this category include Starter, Plus, and Pro.
- Starter: This Bluehost Ecommerce managed WordPress hosting plan supports 1 online store, 100 GB SSD storage and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts at $6.95/mo and costs $13.99 normally.
- Plus: This Bluehost Ecommerce managed WordPress hosting plan supports unlimited online stores, unmetered SSD storage, CodeGuard backup basic and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts at $8.95/mo and costs $17.99 normally.
- Pro: This Bluehost Ecommerce managed WordPress hosting plan supports unlimited online stores, unmetered SSD storage, CodeGuard backup basic, Bluehost SEO tools start, and 1 office 365 Mailbox – free for the first month/30 days. It starts from $12.95 and costs $31.99 normally.
As earlier stated, Bluehost offers essential hosting service including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting.
Since it is cost-effective, Bluehost’s shared web hosting service with WordPress is its most popular hosting solution for clients looking to get a new website or blog. Bluehost’s shared web hosting service starts from $2.95/mo. Clients interested in Bluehost’s shared hosting products get to choose from essentially any of the managed WordPress plans in the WordPress hosting category, that is, Basic, Plus, and Choice Plus. The Plus Ecommerce managed WordPress plan is also included among the plans available in Bluehost’s shared web hosting service. All Bluehost shared hosting plans come with free SSL certificates and unlimited bandwidth.
For clients interested in having better control over their website servers, Bluehost offers three Virtual Private Server hosting plans. With these plans, Bluehost aims at assisting clients in building anything from moderate to high traffic websites. According to Bluehost, clients are provided with full root access for additional control and on-demand resources to create highly scalable platforms. The three VPS hosting plans provided by Bluehost are Standard, Enhanced, and Ultimate.
- Standard: This Bluehost VPS web hosting plan includes 2 cores, 30 GB SSD storage, 2GB RAM, 1 TB Bandwidth, and 1 IP address. It starts at $18.99/mo and costs $29.99 normally.
- Enhanced: This Bluehost VPS web hosting plan includes 2 cores, 60 GB SSD storage, 4 GB RAM, 2 TB bandwidth, and 2 IP addresses. It starts at $29.99/mo and costs $59.99 normally.
- Ultimate: This Bluehost VPS web hosting plan includes 4 cores, 120 GB SSD storage, 8 GB RAM, 3 TB bandwidth, and 2 IP addresses. It starts at $59.99/mo and costs $119.99 normally.
Moving forward, Bluehost designed its dedicated hosting service to deliver improved security and performance for clients who wish to have absolute control over their platform. According to Bluehost, its dedicated hosting is completely customizable and ideal for functional and high-traffic websites with resource-intensive needs. Bluehost’s dedicated hosting service plans are namely; Standard, Enhanced, and Premium. Like other Bluehost web hosting plans, they all come with a free domain name for the first year, free SSL certificates, and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Standard: This Bluehost dedicated hosting plan supports 4 cores at 2.3 GHz speed, 500GB (mirrored) storage, 4 GB RAM, 5 TB Bandwidth, and 3 IP addresses. It starts at $79.99/mo and costs $119.99 normally.
- Enhanced: This Bluehost dedicated hosting plan supports 4 cores at 2.5 GHz speed, 1 TB (mirrored) storage, 8 GB RAM, 10 TB bandwidth, and 4 IP addresses. It starts at $99.99/mo and costs $159.99 normally.
- Premium: This Bluehost dedicated hosting plan supports features 4 cores at 3.3 GHz speed, 1 TB (mirrored) storage, 16 GB RAM, 15 TB bandwidth, and 5 IP addresses. It starts at $119.99/mo and costs $209.99 normally.
Bluehost collectively hosts more than 2 million domains with sister EIG companies, HostMonster, FastDomain, and iPage. Hence, the web hosting company is not really one of the biggest players when it comes to domain registration in comparison with the likes of Godaddy which single-handedly manages up to 78 million domain names and Namecheap which manages up to 10 million domain names.
Nonetheless, Bluehost delivers one of the best quality domain hosting services with popular extensions. Clients can get domain names with popular extension like .com, .org, .net, .tech, .co, and .website.
Each Bluehost registered domain comes with specifically three special features respectively channeled at easing domain management, preventing accidental domain loss or expiration, and improving domain security. Bluehost provides domain owners with an easy to use control panel through which owners can manage their domains and all its aspects. Bluehost domain owners are also offered an auto-renewal feature that protects their website domain names by alternatively automatically renewing them. With Bluehost, domain owners can always use Bluehost’s Domain Lock features to lock their domain against potential unauthorized transfers.
Bluehost relives its web hosting clients of important web management tasks with their optional professional design and marketing services consultations so clients can stay more focused on their business. Bluehost’s professional services are effectuated in four consultation styles; Full-Service Website, SEO Service, Pay-Per-Click Service, and Website Migration.
- Full-Service Website: In this style of Bluehost’s professional service, professional designers provide clients with ongoing assistance with their website’s design, marketing, and content management.
- SEO Service: This style of Bluehost’s professional service is all about optimizing your website’s exposure and SEO performance with the most effective keywords.
- Pay-Per-Click Service: In this style of Bluehost’s professional service, Bluehost experts are employed to market your website by creating various campaigns using industry best particles for your website launched at your go to help you target potential customers within search results.
- Website Migration: This style of Bluehost’s professional service revolves around the migration of your site. Here, a team of professionals can help you migrate up to 5 websites and eligible email mailboxes. One on one consultation is also provided to review your website before and after migration to ensure that your site starts off the right.
After reviewing Bluehost web hosting in every sensitive regard, it’s only right to conclude that the web hosting company is one of the best web hosting companies with WordPress, free domain names, and other hosting related services. It offers just the right advanced managed WordPress hosting plan for almost any level of business and budget each with free domain name for the first year. Pricing is clear too. Domain registration is quality, available bandwidths are amazing, storage is suiting, and customer service is valuable and 24/7.