Microsoft has confirmed that Metro Internet Explorer for Windows 8 will not support plug-ins. This of course means no Flash which is similar to the famous move Apple made years before. While Microsoft Internet Explorer has always been a fan of plug-ins, recently with the new IE9 there is a slight hint at gearing more towards being standard-oriented, which with the news of no plug-ins for Metro, shows their goal was to ultimately eliminate plug-ins altogether.read more
New rumors might indicate that the iPhone 5 will come with a dual LED flash. These rumors stem from the fact that Apple has lowered its orders for Lumileds high-power LED flash products from Philips and recently switched to Taiwan makers of LED flashes.
Everlight and Lite-On are Taiwan based firms that have a good chance in gaining a dual-LED flash contract from Apple. According to Digitimes; Edison has already made these kind of flash products and shipped them to other handset vendors and Apple could be next.read more
The app Skyfire Web Browser has just been released on the App Store. With Skyfire you are supposed to be able to view any flash video within the browser. All you have to do is download the app then visit the flash enabled site that you want to view and voila. Here is the full feature list below:
- Adaptive streaming technology ensures optimal utilization of network and processor bandwidth (preserves battery life)
- Sharing to Facebook and Twitter – it’s simple!
- Facebook Quickview – Check your Facebook News/Wall without opening another app or page
- Intuitive and finger friendly user interface for easy browsing experience
- Load full desktop webpages on your mobile device
- Multi-tab browsing – open up to eight windows and browse simultaneously
Update: App Now Sold Out 11/4/10read more
With all of the new dazzle that the new MacBook Air offers, it comes without Adobe Flash preloaded. Apple and Adobe have been head to head recently because Flash is not on iOS devices. Maybe it was a fluke but or a slap in the face for Adobe but its definitely not included on the MacBook Air as we see so far.read more