We at TekGoblin always appreciate a good joke and especially enjoy checking out all of the good ones on April 1st every year. Below is a nice list of the best we have found from around the web for you to check out, Enjoy!read more
You know when you search on Google and the list pops down and suggests search results for you? Well Google is looking for more people to help generate those. If you are hired you will be expected to guess what every Googler is searching for in real time. Take a look at the job requirements below to see if you are interested.
- Watch anonymized search queries as they come in to Google.
- Predict and type completions based on your personal experience and intuition.
- Suggest spelling corrections when relevant.
- Keep updated with query trends and offer fresh suggestions.
- Excellent knowledge of English and at least one other language.
- Excellent knowledge of grammatical rules (e.g. parts of speech, parsing).
- Understanding of the search engine space.
- Proven web search experience.
- Good typing skills (at least 32,000 WPM).
- Willingness to travel (in order to provide local autocompletions) or relocate to obscure places like Nauru and Tuvalu to develop knowledge of local news and trends.
- Certificate in psychic reading strongly preferred: palm, tarot, hypnosis, astrology, numerology, runes and/or auras.
Reddit has certainly gotten into the April Fools spirit by launching Reddit Mold. According to Reddit, a user infected with Reddit Mold will get to see less and less comments on the site with the more stacks that accumulate on them. For each stack of mold present, a user will see 10 less comments. Here is another kicker to having mold, for each stack you will not be able to type a certain letter for example the letter E. The letters M, P, and H are excluded from being taken away from you, but what can you type with only those letters?
Looks like many of the Reddit users have resorted to using numbers and symbols to supplement themselves after their other letters were removed. Here is an example below:
YouTube is now featuring hot videos from 1911 on the site. The journey back to 1911 is what videos may have looked like on YouTube back then.
YouTube has gone a step further by placing a “1911″ button on the bottom of every video to give it a classic look and feel. A promotional video was released to start things out, in the video are some of the oldest footage with a Google twist.read more
Today Google has introduced a new way to interact with your Gmail account. This new innovation is being called Gmail Motion.
It looks like Google has moved past the keyboard and mouse to add functionality to take input from various body movements. A user of Gmail can simply sit in front of their computer equipped with a webcam and use their body to interact with Gmail.
Gmail Motion uses your computer’s built-in webcam and Google’s patented spatial tracking technology to detect your movements and translate them into meaningful characters and commands. Movements are designed to be simple and intuitive for people of all skill levels.
Google has even put together a printable guide that will include all of the body motions that Gmail now supports. Google also warns that periodic stretching sessions should be observed every 30-40 minutes to give your muscles time to relax. Check out the video inside for more details on how this new feature works.read more