- Steve Jobs resigns from Apple. Tim Cook replaces him. What does this mean to Apple? The World? Is he really gone...or just quietly lurking in his new role as chairman of the board. We are going to be riffing on this topic for a good portion of the podcast!
- GameStop issues $50 gift card to Deus Ex PC buyers, apology for removing OnLive coupons. What they did in first place and why they did it according to them.
- iPhone 5 Coming to Sprint in October? Could it really happen? If so, would Sprint start to end unlimited usages?
- Comex To Work For Apple. What does this mean for jailbreaking community? Is Apple trying to destroy jailbreaking by recruiting jailbreakers?
- Samsung Galaxy S II Not Coming To Verizon. Is it Verizon or Samsung that made this decision? Could this hurt Verizon?
On this weeks episode in the start key Conner plays the dlc for dragon age 2, Chris plays with his phone and I talk about Shadows of the damned. In the main screen we talk about franchises and their effect on gaming culture and the industry. We ask you the listener Do companies use them too much? What are your favorite franchises currently or all-time. In a segment we call stix dual... FIGHT!!! We talk about the impending war between current console/online champion, COD's next game Modern Warfare 3 and challenger Battlefield 3. our take each entering the fight and who we think will win. We ask you Who do you think should or will win? In the news we address a study that says completion rates for games are way down. Finishing off with the retro 5 NEW.
- HTC buys majority stake in Beats Audio for $300 Million
- HP TouchPad gets permanent $100 price drop: $399 for 16GB and $499 for 32GB. We discuss whether its good or bad and the likely response of early adopters. We also talk about what HP is doing for those early adopter.
- Nintendo drops price of 3DS down to $169.99 from the $249.99 original price. Appeasing early adopters.
- GameFly to launch "Unlimited PC Play" download service. Are they to late to this game with OnLive already leading the game streaming charge.
- Blackberry "Colt" to be possible first QNX smartphone for RIM to possibly release in Q1 2012. What about their new and current Blackberry 7 OS plans. Are customers who purchases devices from now until Q1 2012 screwed.
- T-Mobile starts charging overage on its 200MB Data plan, we discuss carriers choosing to tier data and where market is leading.
- Nokia retires Symbian in North America, no N9 or anything else for that matter. Future will be Windows Phone 7. We talk about whether Nokia's reliance on Windows Phone 7 is good or bad.
- Apple Lawsuit in Germany which led to temporary injunction of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 sales in Europe.
- We end by discussing who would best replace Steve Jobs if he ever stepped down as Apple CEO.
On this weeks episode we lightly touch on the start key (since we really haven't played much). In the main screen we talk about Graphics in gaming and unlimited detailing and our feelings on the future of graphics. Do they sell games? or do they still matter?in the news we talk about the NPD Group's U.S. Games Industy sales and why they might be down from last year. This weeks retro 5 we go back to our old friend the N64. This weeks question is Do you think graphics sell games? Are you influenced by good graphics, Yes or no? tell us what u think.