Roxio has sent us over one of their new creations that let regular users record and broadcast their gaming footage to the world. I actually took a look at the Roxio GameCap Pro HD at Pax 2012 but took some time to get the review up. I had taken a look at the device and was quite impressed as it was pretty easy to use and could capture video in full 1080p.
Lets take a look at a couple of the key features of the device:
- Capture real-time gameplay from your Xbox 360 or PS3, while still playing in HD
- Perfect for bragging rights, showing high scores or posting your own game reviews
- Add voiceover or webcam commentary; share on sites like Facebook and YouTubeTM
- Save to your PC for easy editing with the included powerful video-editing software
- Gain the best performance from NVIDIA® CUDA, ATI StreamTM and Intel® Enhanced for CoreTM
- All-in-one software & hardware solution: includes USB capture device, editing software and USB cable
- Record in HD: Gamers can record gameplay in 720p, 1080/60i or 1080/30p.
- Live Stream to Twitch: Roxio’s partnership with Twitch makes it easy for users to live stream console gameplay directly to their Twitch channel. Streamers can add voice over in real time to live stream their gameplay and communicate with their viewers.
- Support both HDMI and Component for HD Capture: Users can record HD gameplay with either HDMI or Component inputs and outputs.
- Console Capture: Users can capture their gameplay from Xbox 360, Kinect, PlayStation and Wii
- PC Game Capture: Capture PC gameplay using HDMI from selected graphics cards to Roxio Game Capture HD PRO capture device. Spare all your PC resources for the gaming fun with perfect performance.
- Record in Full Screen Preview: While recording gameplay in the Capture application, users can enter Full Screen mode to see their gameplay. Press the ESC key to return to the application with the normal preview window.
- Adjust Video Quality: Users can easily balance a video file size and quality using a quality slider and custom bit rate settings.
- Hot Keys to Capture: In the Capture application, users can use Hot Keys to start and stop gameplay capture in both normal window and full screen mode. There are default keys set up, but both can be customized to fit users’ preferences.
- Social Media Sharing: Users can easily log in and share gameplay to YouTube and Facebook simultaneously from within the editing software.
- Voice Changer and Cool Voice Profiles: Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is the first solution that gives users the option to change their voice style to match specific games.
- Change Speed: With 1x, 2x, or 3x speed templates users can fast forward or apply slow motion effects to highlight their gameplay. This feature can be applied to the entire video, or selected segments.
- Windows 8: Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is compatible with Windows 8 and works with Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Users get: Roxio Game Capture HD PRO Capture Device, USB Cable, Roxio Game Capture Software, Getting Started Guide
Now, I actually made a video which I have included below that both captured the footage from both an Xbox 360 and my PC using an Nvidia Geforce GTX 570. The video was also produced completely with the software that was included with the card by Roxio. I have both tested capturing video with the card and broadcasting directly onto Twitch.tv with the card and both work wonderfully. You can also directly share your video after editing it to YouTube or Facebook for your friends to see.
Another awesome feature is PIP (Picture in Picture) gaming where you can add actual videos that can play at the same time. You can also slow down the video to show replays of that crazy headshot you got from across the map.
For a capture card that runs only for $149.99 and comes with both software and hardware this is a good deal. Take a look at the video below and let me know what you think. I can also provide more demonstrations of features if you let me know what you want to see. Note: Cables not included with purchase you must provide your own HDMI or Component cables.