This year at CES 2012, Newer Technology decided to show off the Power2U AC/USB wall outlet. This outlet is a combination of 2 standard AC ports and 2 full powered USB ports. It is designed to offer more ports for you devices with no need for adapters.
The Power2U features:
• Smart Power feature only outputs enough charging power required by the attached device
• Energy-efficient, spring-loaded Safety Shutter design turns USB ports off when connecting cable is removed
• Uses standard four-pin type-A jack USB cables
• Installs on standard 15A electrical circuit
• First and only UL/CUL Listed (E339607) device of its kind – For use in United States & Canada
• Includes mounting screws with white plastic covers and matching white wall plate
The dual USB ports charge at 5.2V which is enough to charge you phone, camera, tablet and many more devices. If you are remodeling or building a home this is a must buy. Even if you are not doing that it is still a must buy. Before you install the Power2U make sure to check the size of your receptacle box. You must have an outlet box that is at least 16 cubic inches in size. The Power2U come with installation instruction and is easy enough for anyone to install and use.You can purchase the Power2U for $22.99 through Other World Computing. Great buy and I can not understand how no one has developed this before. This saves so much hassle of having to find those AC to DC converter bricks to change my devices. I definitely recommend this to everyone who reads this review.