The long awaited Xbox Dashboard update will release tomorrow December 6th 2011. The update will include the all new Metro Dashboard, TV access, Cloud Storage, and Beacons. The dashboard update will roll out across 35 countries to a network of 35 million Xbox Live members. This update will allow Xbox to be one of the biggest interactive TV platforms in the world.
The dashboard will be completely controlled by voice for those with Xbox Kinect and you will also be able to interact with your hands. The dashboard will have Bing search integrated with voice search to navigate content on the dash.
The update includes Live TV content from the following providers:
TV and Entertainment Providers
· ABC iView – Australia
· AlloCiné – France, Germany, Spain, U.K.
· Antena 3 – Spain
· Astral Media’s Disney XD – Canada
· AT&T** – U.S.
· BBC – U.K.
· blinkbox – U.K.
· Bravo – U.S.
· BSkyB** – U.K.
· Canal+* – France, Spain
· Channel 4 – U.K.
· Channel 5 – U.K.
· CinemaNow (Best Buy) – U.S.
· Comcast – U.S.
· Crackle – Australia, Canada, U.K., U.S.
· Dailymotion – Available in 32 markets
· EPIX – U.S.
· ESPN** – U.S.
· Facebook** – Available in all 35 Xbox LIVE markets
· FOXTEL** – Australia
· GolTV – Spain
· HBO GO – U.S.
· Hulu – Japan
· Hulu +** – U.S.
· iHeartRadio (Clear Channel) – U.S.
· Last.fm** – U.K., U.S.
· LOVEFiLM – Germany, U.K.
· Manga Entertainment – U.S.
· Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment/Real Sports – Canada
· MediaSet – Italy
· MSN with MSNBC.com – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, U.K.
· MUZU.TV – France, Germany, Italy, Spain, U.K.
· Netflix** – Canada, U.S.
· Rogers On Demand Online (RODO) – Canada
· RTVE – Spain
· SBS On Demand – Australia
· Syfy – U.S.
· Telefonica – Spain
· Televisa – Mexico
· “The Today Show” – U.S.
· TELUS** – Canada
· TMZ – U.S.
· Twitter** – Available in all 35 Xbox LIVE markets
· UFC – Canada, U.S.
· Verizon – U.S.
· VEVO – Canada, U.K., U.S.
· VimpelCom** – Russia
· Vodafone Portugal** – Portugal
· YouTube – Available in 22 markets
· ZDF – Germany
· Zune** – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., U.S.
[spoiler]The Future of TV Begins Today on Xbox 360
35 million console users to receive free update bringing voice control to living room entertainment
BROADCAST AND ONLINE FOOTAGE AVAILABLE – FREE WITHOUT RESTRICTION
Minority report meets Microsoft – An industry first, on Monday (5th December 2011) Microsoft will reveal their newly integrated entertainment system bringing gaming, TV and social media together in one unit with advanced voice and motion controls. Video footage and in-studio demonstrations are available upon request.
A new technological era in live TV in the home is launching in time for Christmas where the user becomes the remote control through voice and gesture control. Only one year on since the launch of the Kinect, this is the most significant update from Microsoft for the Xbox 360. TV, video, movies and music will be instantly searchable, with intelligent Bing voice search, motion-controls and voice functionality – no remotes, no buttons, no worries.
The new software update will create the biggest interactive TV service in the world, with close to 40 leading TV and entertainment providers accessible through the console’s Xbox LIVE online service. These include Sky, Channel 4, Channel 5, BBC, YouTube, MSN, Muzu.tv and many more (see notes to editor for full listings). One console will now bring together all these entertainment platforms, using the most advanced technologies in motion and voice controls.[/spoiler]