You heard right, the Sony Xperia Play will arrive on the AT&T network on September 18th for $49.99 with a two year agreement. The package comes complete with a Sony Ericsson Multimedia Dock DK300 and MC100 music cable. The Xperia Play will come packed with 7 games with 150 more being available for download. Games on the marketplace include Minecraft™ Pocket Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 and Dead Space™ 2. Games included on the Xperia Play include:
- Dungeon Defenders™ Second Wave by Trendy Entertainment
- Asphalt™ 6 Adrenaline by Gameloft
- Star Battalion by Gameloft
- Madden NFL™ 11 by Electronic Arts
- The Sims™ 3 by Electronic Arts
- Tower Bloxx™: My City by Digital Chocolate
- Crash Bandicoot® by SCEA/Naughty Dog/Universal
Check out our review of the Sony Xperia Play.
xperia™ play 4g keeps favorite video games at your fingertips beginning sept. 18
First PlayStation®-certified smartphone from AT&T available for $49.99
in AT&T stores and att.com
DALLAS, Sept. 8, 2011 —
· The Xperia™ PLAY 4G, combining a PlayStation®-certified gaming device with the capabilities and portability of an Android smartphone, arrives in AT&T* stores, and online on September 18 for $49.99 with a two-year agreement.
· The Xperia PLAY 4G has dedicated gaming controls built into the phone through a slide out controller including directional keypad, dual analog touch joystick, two shoulder buttons and the four iconic PlayStation symbol keys: circle, X, square and triangle.
· Running the Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) platform, the first PlayStation-certified smartphone in the world features a brilliant 4” 480 x 854 screen and stereo speakers.
Only AT&T customers can choose the 4G-capable Xperia PLAY, offered in an exclusive “stealth blue” color. The smartphone package is complete with bonus accessories including the Sony Ericsson Multimedia Dock DK300 and MC100 music cable. In addition to providing a convenient charging station, the DK300 converts the Xperia PLAY’s screen to a large clock display, and the music cable lets you connect to external speakers.** The DK300 and music cable come in the Xperia PLAY box, only from AT&T.
In addition, the device is pre-loaded with seven games, some of which are exclusive, at no additional cost including:
∙ Dungeon Defenders™ Second Wave by Trendy Entertainment
∙ Asphalt™ 6 Adrenaline by Gameloft
∙ Star Battalion by Gameloft
∙ Madden NFL™ 11 by Electronic Arts
∙ The Sims™ 3 by Electronic Arts
∙ Tower Bloxx™: My City by Digital Chocolate
∙ Crash Bandicoot® by SCEA/Naughty Dog/Universal
AT&T customers will have access to more than 150 Xperia PLAY optimized games including Minecraft™ Pocket Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 and Dead Space™ 2 for download and purchase through the “Get Games” recommender screen, easily accessible when you slide open the Xperia PLAY’s game controller.
The Xperia PLAY 4G offers a gamer’s wonderland by providing the on-the-go capabilities of an Android smartphone with the immersive entertainment appeal of a portable gaming device.
Snapdragon chipset including a 1GHz CPU and Adreno 205 graphics processor (GPU)
Runs on the Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) platform
Sight and sound: 4” 480 x 854 screen, up to 60 frames per second graphics, stereo speakers
Dual camera: 5MP rear and VGA forward-facing, with video recording and chat capabilities over Wi-Fi
Hundreds of Xperia PLAY optimized games through Android Market or directly from the publishers
Pre-loaded with seven Xperia PLAY optimized games from publishers such as Gameloft and EA.
Along with the great gaming and Android capabilities, the Xperia PLAY 4G from AT&T includes Facebook Inside Xperia, a suite of Facebook functions integrated into various applications, such as friends’ birthdays in the phonebook, a “like” button in the music player, photo tags in the media gallery, and YouTube video recommendations from friends.
Pricing and Availability
The Xperia PLAY 4G arrives in AT&T stores and online on Sept. 18 and will be available for $49.99 after a two-year contract with minimum data plan.[/spoiler]