The TekGoblin Podcast 01 – (Recorded on 08.13.2011)
Hey guys The TekGoblin Podcast is finally here and in full effect. There was some discussion between staff on whether this should be a video podcast or an audio only podcast with the occasional use of still photos. Well due to some technical difficulty it looks like the latter of the two is how this podcast will be brought to you today.
The TekGoblin Podcast will be a weekly podcast where we discuss the past week in technology news. The usual hosts will consist of myself, Matt Jurek, and Andrew Wilson. The podcast will not be limited to just those hosts as there may be times where TekGoblin staff and technology industry guests visit the show from time to time. The show will usually be recorded on Saturday and will hopefully be up within the same day.
- HTC buys majority stake in Beats Audio for $300 Million
- HP TouchPad gets permanent $100 price drop: $399 for 16GB and $499 for 32GB. We discuss whether its good or bad and the likely response of early adopters. We also talk about what HP is doing for those early adopter.
- Nintendo drops price of 3DS down to $169.99 from the $249.99 original price. Appeasing early adopters.
- GameFly to launch “Unlimited PC Play” download service. Are they to late to this game with OnLive already leading the game streaming charge.
- Blackberry “Colt” to be possible first QNX smartphone for RIM to possibly release in Q1 2012. What about their new and current Blackberry 7 OS plans. Are customers who purchases devices from now until Q1 2012 screwed.
- T-Mobile starts charging overage on its 200MB Data plan, we discuss carriers choosing to tier data and where market is leading.
- Nokia retires Symbian in North America, no N9 or anything else for that matter. Future will be Windows Phone 7. We talk about whether Nokia’s reliance on Windows Phone 7 is good or bad.
- Apple Lawsuit in Germany which led to temporary injunction of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 sales in Europe.
- We end by discussing who would best replace Steve Jobs if he ever stepped down as Apple CEO.
Get the podcast
[iTunes]Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3).