A while back I reviewed USB Disk. Since then its become one of my most used apps. Well the nice folks over at Imesart sent me the new Pro edition. I’ll only cover the new features in this review so, for a general overview of the app, see my previous review.
USB Pro is a file managing app for the iPhone and iPad. The Pro edition features a bunch of new handy features. This new version features:
- Zip File Support – Can definitely help with saving space with the meagre storage capacity of the lower end iOS devices.
- Background Audio – Handy for downloaded audio files on the go when you cant sync them with iTunes.
- Lock Code – Good for an extra level of security if you want to store personal information on it or for more privacy if you let your device be used by other people.
- Dropbox Support – I love this. The ability to copy files from your Dropbox account to your device is very useful feature.
- iDisk Support – Potentially very useful as with Dropbox, however I haven’t been able to test it as I don’t use it.
- Restore Session – Surprisingly handy. The app already stores your place in a document when you close it and the fact that it jumps back to that point immediately upon being re-opened is a big plus in its favour.
- Tabs – Honestly haven’t found them much use yet, although I can see how they would be very useful for quickly switching between documents in different folders. They also seem a little slow and unresponsive at times, although I’m sure this could be fixed easily.
One of the main gripes I had with the app was the PDF viewer crashing whenever I tried to open a large or graphic heavy file, which I’m glad to say has been mostly fixed. It still has a few issues with stability and is a little slow when dealing with big files, but I can actually read them now which is a huge improvement.
To summarize I’d say that on the whole this is an improvement on an already good app and I one I would recommend and will continue to use on a daily basis.