iPhone 4 battery explodes, burns hand [Hot Potato]

exploding iphone

According to Omar Huartas, his iPhone 4 blew up while his wife was holding it. The phones battery started to swell and the back panel on the phone opened up and the phone started smoking and caught fire. His wife dropped the phone on the table where it allegedly left burn marks. Omar took the phone to the Apple store and asked for a replacement as well as data recovery. The people at the Apple store did not believe that it actually happened till they saw the phone. Omar made a parody video of the incident below for your enjoyment.

We will keep an eye on this story to see if there are further developments and bring them to you as soon as possbile. [BGR]

Learn more the author of this post:

I was a Computer and Information Technology student at Purdue University. I have always wanted my own website and have been fascinated with technology my entire life. So here I am, what's next?