There was a news update On Sony Ericsson’s news blog written by Rikard Skogberg from Sony Ericsson. In his news article he confirms that on Monday, November 1st the Xperia X10 Android 2.1 update will start to go forward. This push for updates could take a few weeks to get the update to all of the phones. As I have stated in my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 review that the X10 will get.
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Your phone will automatically let you know when your update is available with a notification to update and then you will be guided on how to perform the update using the PC Companion software. Because is a big update, you will be guided through some steps so you can backup your personal data before the update and then restore it when the update is finished. To see what phones have received that update notification you can go to Sony Ericsson’s blog and they have a article on what phones have received the notification.