RIM and Verizon Wireless have teamed up to provide the new BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 to consumers. The new phone features a new design with a ‘mirror-like’ trim and black soft-touch sides. The phone is to feel comfortable in the hand. The phone also includes a 35 key full QWERTY keyboard which is also backlit, optical trackpad, media keys 512mb flash memory upgradable to 32Gb, GPS, Wifi b/g not n and camera (mp not stated).
The phone will be available to business customers on September 16th, and regular consumers weeks later (no confirmed date yet). The phone will be priced at $29.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate, the data plan will cost another $29.99 with any plan.
Full Press Release:
VERIZON WIRELESS AND RIM LAUNCH A NEW MODEL OF THE POPULAR BLACKBERRY CURVE 3G SMARTPHONE
Stylish 3G Addition to the Popular Curve Family Is Fast, Easy to Use, Feature Rich, and BlackBerry 6 Ready
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and WATERLOO, Ontario – Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced a new 3G addition to the popular BlackBerry Curve family of smartphones. Running on the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network, the new BlackBerry® Curve™ 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available in business sales channels beginning Sept. 16. It will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks.
Colors: Charcoal or Fuchsia Red
Key features and specifications:
- Stylish new design (4.3” x 2.4” x .55” and 3.7 oz.) with face finished in a mirror-like trim; black, soft-touch sides; and textured back for a comfortable, secure feel in the hand
- 35-key full QWERTY backlit keyboard for fast, accurate typing and optical trackpad for easy and fluid navigation
- Dedicated media keys integrated along the top of the smartphone, so music lovers can easily access their tunes while on the go
- BlackBerry® Media Sync to easily sync music as well as photos with the smartphone*
- 512 MB Flash memory and microSD/SDHC slot that supports up to 32 GB memory cards for media storage
- Built-in GPS with support for geo-tagging and location-based applications, including VZ Navigator®, which provides audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and the option to share the directions with others
- Built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g) for fast browsing; smooth music streaming; and the ability to talk on the phone while browsing the Web, instant message with BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), and share location with friends on popular social networking sites
- Camera with video recording (requires a separately sold microSD card)
- Industry-leading BlackBerry e-mail and messaging capabilities
- Easy mobile access to Facebook®, Twitter™, MySpace™ and Flickr® as well as popular instant messaging services
- Support for BlackBerry App World™, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
- Premium phone features, including voice-activated dialing, speakerphone, and Bluetooth® (2.1)
BlackBerry® 6 ready:
- The BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone ships with BlackBerry® 5 and is BlackBerry® 6 ready. BlackBerry 6 is a new operating system for BlackBerry® smartphones that retains the trusted features that distinguish the BlackBerry brand while delivering a fresh and engaging experience that is both powerful and easy to use. BlackBerry 6 is expected to be available for the BlackBerry Curve 3G, upon network certification, in the coming months.
Pricing and availability:
- The BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available in business sales channels on Sept. 16, and it will be available online and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks for $29.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an Email and Web feature or an Email and Web for BlackBerry plan. Data plans for the BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone begin at $29.99 when added to any Nationwide voice plan. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.