Drift Innovation HD170, Baja 500 test track
Having a wearable rugged HD camera is a blessing especially when you’re the adventure type. From cycling to skydiving an Action Camera enables you to capture amazing moments in stunning detail. Unlike most Handy cams Drift Innovation offers wearable action cams which enable you to perform crazy stunts and climb mountains without having to worry about taking snaps and recording anything.
With simple controls and plenty of storage space, Drift Innovation Cameras are perfect for recording scenes from difficult angles while in motion.
Drift Innovation offers two models, HD170 and X170. Both models differ when it comes to technical specifications. The HD170 records in 720p/1080p format whereas X170 supports 480p format. Both can be used as helmet cams.
The Drift HD170 is the worlds first sports action camera which films in full HD and has a playback screen and remote control. This rugged waterproof camera is the first camera that gives people what they want from an Action Camera:
* Full HD for creating crystal clear footage
* A playback screen for lining up shots and the ability to play back the footage right away
* A remote control to enable you to film what you want to record, not the boring stuff in between
* Easy to use mounts so you can use it whenever you want and mount it anywhere your imagination allows you. The shape of the camera and the mounts it comes with make it the easiest camera out there to use
* A rotating lens so you can mount the camera at any angle and any position to get that shot you are looking for
* It can take photos, put it in the photo burst mode and you can take pictures every few seconds for as long as your memory card lasts. If you don′t get a decent photo then you need to do something else or give the camera to someone else who can really use it
* You can pair the remote control to your camera, chances are your mates will have the same camera, no turning off their camera just before they hit the tree
* A zoom function so you can get even closer to the action or your friend in front
* An external microphone so no more listening to wind noise, great for in-car filming
* Night mode so you can record in darker and duskier conditions
And if that’s not enough, check out the technical specifications:
* Sensor type: CMOS
* Water Resistance: 0.5m
* Video resolution: 1080p, 720p & WVGA
* Video format: .MOV (H.264)
* Frames per second: 30 FPS
* Video format: 16:9
* Lens Rotation: 300°
* Recording Angles: 127° in 1080p, 170° in 720p & WVGA
* Exposure: Auto / Manual (advanced users)
* Zoom: Digital x4 (in 720p & WVGA mode)
* Remote range: 4m range
* Built-in Microphone
* Inputs: Optional External Microphone
* Video Output: HD TV out (cable included)
* Battery: 1110mAh rechargeable lithium-ion/ Optional 1700 mAh Li-ion rechargeable.
* Power-Save option saves batteries by powering down the screen
* Built-in memory: 32 MB
* SD memory capacity: Supports memory cards up to 32 GB
* Photo resolution: 5 Megapixel
* LCD screen: 1.5″ colour TFT
* Lens focal range: 0.5m to infinity
* Dimensions: Camera – 133 (L) x 50 (D) x 33 (W) mm / Remote Control 52 (L) x 40 (W) x 13 (D) mm
* Power: Camera – DC 3.7V / Remote control: DC 3C, 1x CR2032 battery (included)
* RF: Receiver (Camera): 433.92MHz ISM band / Transmitter (Remote): 433.92MHz ISM band
* Weight: Camera – 138g / Remote control – 19g
* Operating Systems: Compatible with Windows XP & Vista; Mac OS 10.2
The X170 is the little brother of HD170. The technical specifications look impressive and build quality seems reliable. Both units come with a Remote Control as well. This allows for greater control when you’re driving or riding a bicycle.
For more information, consult the vendor website. You will find accessories for the product and buying details there.
Make sure to check out the videos.