I have written a lot of reviews for various iPhone apps so I thought I would put together some of my favorite ones in a list of Top 5.
First on my list is an app by Melodis called SoundHound. With the Soundhound app you are able to identify any song that may be playing around you easily. SoundHound is not just limited to listening to a song already playing, SoundHound can also identify a song that you are humming or singing as well. SoundHound also features, speak a title or artist as well as search for a specific title or artist. Some new features to SoundHound include Pandora stations based on what kind of music you like.
- Just hold your iPhone up to a speaker, and SoundHound names the tune in as little as five seconds!
- It even works if you sing or hum the melody, or if you do it while an iPod song plays – no more title or artist confusion for your iPod songs.
- Instant lyrics and lyrics text search for most songs – whether you find the song with SoundHound or have it in your iPod.
- The world’s first ever combined “My Music” and online search: when your SoundHound search results match a song in your iPod library, you’ll see an iPod icon right there to play your own version.
- Charts of the hottest songs, just grabbed songs, and SoundHound’s much-anticipated “Underplayed” list.
- Groundbreaking new design with instant access to previews, bios, top songs and YouTube videos.
- Sharing on email, Facebook and Twitter.
- See lyrics for most songs
- Play the song right from your iPod if you already have it
- See lyrics, bios and more for any iPod song
- See top songs for the artist, and which ones you already own on your iPod
- Buy the song in iTunes
- Share it over email, Facebook, or Twitter
- Check out the whole album, or the artist – including a bio, photos, similar artists, and top songs
- Play a free preview or youTube videos without leaving SoundHound
- Instantly launch a Pandora station based on any song or artist. (US only)
- Tour Dates – See when and where your new favorite band is playing.
View original review here: http://www.tekgoblin.com/1241/apps/apple-apps/soundhound/
My second most favorite and most used app would be the AirYell app by Avantar. The AirYell app for the iPhone allows you to search Yellowpages.com for the phone numbers and locations of businesses around your or what you are searching for. AirYell is a very handy app, I use it all the time to find the phone number to somewhere I am going or want to go.
Official Feature List:
- Auto-detects your current location
- Finds local businesses and services, giving you a distance reading from where you stand
- A robust national business directory search
- Single tap to driving directions
- Single tap to call option
My third most favorite app is RedLaser by Occipital. The RedLaser app for the iPhone allows you to scan barcodes where ever you are! Say if you are in the supermarket and want to see if you can get the same thing somewhere else cheaper, just scan it with RedLaser. RedLaser will then compare the prices to competitors online. This app comes in very handy when you are trying to save money.
RedLaser Official Feature list:
- Scans UPC, EAN, UPC-E, EAN-8
- US and UK Searches for prices with TheFind Product Search as well as Google Product Search
- Local search powered by TheFind (US Only)
- Email a list of products
- Send barcodes as email attachment
- Search ANY website using a custom URL
- Automatic search localization for USD, EUR, and GDP
- Multiple scan mode for quicker entry
- Search local libraries for books (US)
- Exclusively scans new Repo Men movie posters
Original Review: http://www.tekgoblin.com/1162/apps/apple-apps/redlaser/
4. Personal Assistant by Pageonce
My fourth app for the iPhone will be the Personal Assistant app by Pageonce. With the Personal Assistant app, you can virtually do anything! The Personal Assistant app allows you to access all of your bank accounts, shopping accounts like Costco, Netflix, etc, and more… The Personal Assistant app is just a really good choice if you want an app that makes everything easy.
Official Feature List:
- Monitor banking, credit card transactions and investment accounts
- Keep track of frequent flyer miles, travel itineraries and flight information in real-time
- Track cell phone minutes and get reminders when your bills are due
- Stay on top of bill due dates and expiration dates
- Guard against fraudulent activity
- View your Netflix queue, eBay bids, and view feeds from your social networking sites
The Eliminate app from Ngmoco, is my final app for this list. Eliminate is what I believe to be the best FREE first person shooter on the iPhone to date. Eliminate has stunning graphics and awesome game play. Eliminate features global multiplayer competition over 3G or Wifi. Eliminate is relatively easy to use on your iPhone or iPod Touch, it may take some practice but soon you will be fragging with the best of them.
Original Review: http://www.tekgoblin.com/596/apps/apple-apps/eliminate/
I hoped you liked our first Top 5 list, please let us know what you think by posting a comment below or sharing this post with friends, Thanks from TekGoblin Reviews!